Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 49

Day 49, the day of many naps

Guess who got to sleep in! My dad woke me up at 11 for breakfast. We had eggs, sausage, and cinnamon rolls. It was good. Then I decided that since I was woken up prematurely, I would go back to sleep (this trip takes so much energy). Half an hour later I got up and took a shower so I could be nice and clean for our days adventure.

My dad is a huge fan of trains, and Boone has a locomotive from the 1920's that runs tours. Of course we had to go check this out. Now, I have been on reasons plenty of times commuting to school in San Jose, but none like this one. This one was old school all the way! Air conditioning? Yeah, open up the windows and stick your head out. We crossed over bridges and rivers where we saw turtles swimming around. The conductor told us that on occasion, when the river is low, people will go out on the sand bars and moon the train. We were fortunate enough not to see any butts.

We went into the train museum when we got back to the station, but it was only open for a few minutes after we got there. I didn't have time to read about all the fun facts about trains so I could share them with you. When the museum closed, we drove around town. When I say we drove around, I mean I feel asleep in the car as everyone else saw the town.

I got up when we stopped at DQ for a blizzard, and then stayed awake long enough to see a little bit of the town until we got home. Would you like to guess what happened next? If you guessed I feel asleep, you're right! My dad woke me up for dinner. We had braut burgers and beans. Now we are just relaxing, talking to our lovely hosts, and I'm feeling like it's bed time:)

Bye now, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment