Saturday, August 1, 2015

Day 48

Day 48; Lee's Summit Missouri to Boone Iowa

We got up early today because we had to go 350 miles. We packed all our stuff, said or goodbyes, and took to the open road. One of the first things I did was get temporarily disoriented (aka lost), trying to find the right highway. I like to think we took the scenic route. Knowing that we had to go north, I used the sun and my good sense of direction to figure out where we needed to go.

Once we got on the highway, we cruised! My parents were talking over the intercom and I listened to music until I lost phone coverage. The only stops we really made today were for gas, but that doesn't mean the day wasn't interesting! (My mom made sure of that). My dad said she tried to start a fight!

There was a group of bikers at a gas station that we stopped at, so naturally my dad started talking to them about our trip and where they are headed (Sturgis). Think typical, big, badass, biker dudes. One of them was telling us that he had to get some maintenance done on his Harley. That's when my mom thought it would be appropriate to ask if he was riding a Harley, and say that's why he had to stop at the dealership (Harleys have maintenance problems). My dad said he thought he was going to get his butt kicked, however most bikers are nicer than they look.

We headed out again riding toward my mom's friend's house (Marcy) in Boone. We got into town a little late, so we got pizza at ballucci's pizzaria. It wasn't bad, but not really worth mentioning. Then we rode to the house. We were greeted as we pulled into the driveway, and met Marcy's husband. We all headed inside to chat, and drank mojitos.

As it started getting late, we had to prepare sleeping arrangements. Mine is an air mattress in their office, and there is not a lot of space. It was pretty funny watching everyone try to set up the mattress when it covers the whole floor (not enough room to really move around in, but everyone seemed to enjoy being in the room). We eventually got everything squared away and can now be used for sleeping, which is my exact intention!

Bye now, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment