Sunday, August 9, 2015

Day 55

Day 55; Spearfish South Dakota to Butte Montana

We had a late night, so we got a late start to make up for it. I got up around 730 and took a shower (I needed one badly!). Then we took a while to break down camp. In the process of putting things away, I keep thinking I'm forgetting things because I keep having more and more space available after I pack everything. I hope I'm not leaving things behind.

The four of us (JR, my parents and I) went out to breakfast because it was our last day together on our trip. JR and his monkey Clyde took off heading home (safe travels to you both). We finally got moving around 11, and headed into the storm.

I'm not really sure how it happened, but we seemed to miss all of the really bad areas of the storm. It was like the road new how to maneuver is between raining spots. Don't get me wrong because we did hit some heavy rain, but not as much as I expected. The whole day was riding until the end of the day. Then it became frustrating, tiring, and incredibly beautiful!

Our original goal was to make it to Livingston, and we did...But there was no place to stay. Tired from the days ride, my dad fought the Internet looking for a place to crash for the night. He found one in Butte that had vacancies, so we booked a room. It is over 100 miles to Butte from Livingston. We got to the hotel around 10am after riding a grand total of 503 miles. With that said, I'm glad we kept going because the sunset was, like I said before, incredible!

Bright red clouds on a blue background. Many places we have gone have people that claim to have beautiful sunsets, but none of them were like this one! It stayed beautiful even as the color faded and it turned into layered shades on the horizon.

Needless to say, I was too tired to write this last night (I fell asleep in the bath tub).

Bye now, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment