Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Day 51

Day 51; St Cloud Minnesota to Miller South Dakota

For some reason, we always wake up before I would like to. That makes for a sleepy Gregg and today was no exception. Recently I've been pretty exhausted throughout the day and into the night (sleeping on the ground can make for some rough nights). My mom had a rough night also, so we stopped for breakfast at McDonald's and got her an iced coffee (her wake up call of choice). Then we rode.

We went about 100 miles between stops today (longer than usual), and rode roughly 380 miles overall. We don't have much family or interesting things to see around here, so we just rode. We knocked off two more states today bringing the count up to 42 states (only 6 more to go!). The cool thing about today is that I have now ridden my motorcycle through all 48 states because the last 6 I rode with my dad and two uncles last year on our way to Sturgis. (You would think my butt wouldn't get sore anymore... unfortunately, you would think wrong).

We stopped for lunch at a nice neighborhood park and made sandwiches. After eating seemed like the perfect time to take a nap, so I tried. Before finishing that thought, let me take you on a tangent. When I was 17, I went to church camp. Being in a room with 10 to 20 guys is difficult, so we made some ground rules. Stuff like respect everyone else's belongings, play nice, and most importantly... HONOR THE SIESTA! Now, back to before.

It's really hard to sleep when someone (mom) keeps asking questions about how to work her phone or whatever else. I am declaring on this blog post that honoring the siesta is now a road trip rule (you are my witness and I know she reads my posts). I'm thinking the punishment needs to be doing the dishes because I hate doing dishes :)

We had some pasta with tuna for dinner and played cribbage. For some reason, I win when we use my deck and dad wins when we use his deck. I can't figure this out, but he can't find his deck. Guess who won cribbage. Then the bugs started coming out, so we all are hiding in our tents. I think there is a frog underneath my because the bottom of it keeps moving... I hope I don't crush him.

Bye now, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment