Friday, August 7, 2015

Day 54

Day 54; ended up in spearfish (near Sturgis).

To be honest, this trip is wearing me thin. I am constantly exhausted, but have to continue on. That is why today's post (even though it was an eventful day) will be short.

Clayton (mom's cousin) and his friend came to our campsite and we loaded up or stuff on his truck, so that climbing the hills to get to mount Rushmore would be easier on the bikes. We went there and checked out the mountain as well as the sculptors that preceded the actual mountain. Over 90% of the sculpting done to the mountain was done using dynamite!

Then we went to the spearfish KOA to set up camp before heading into Sturgis for the evening. My goal was to find one specific patch, and buy lots of others. Mission successful. There were thousands of bikes lining the roads, and tons of places to find cool stuff to spend money on. I restricted myself to one shirt so I could justify buying over 20 patches. Granted not all of them are for me, but I think I'm an addict. I still need to get some sewn on my vest, but I guess I'll have to find someone back home with the right sewing machine to do it.

Just to see if I can grow you out, today is my fourth day without a shower. I wanted to take one tonight, but I have to write this and it's late. Don't worry though. Tomorrow morning, I will be clean once again! Hopefully that will help revive my loveliness :)

Bye now, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment