Sunday, June 28, 2015

Day 14

Day 14; Crystal Springs Florida to Miami Florida

We have been on the road for two weeks now, and I'm just now starting to go through the day without my bottom hurting. That coupled with the new callus's on my hands is making me a formidable biker!

This morning,  I had to sleep a little longer than planned because of our lack of sleep the night before. We left this morning around 9 and went 98 south to 589 east, and then to 75 south. Part of our ride today went through what's called alligator ally. I'm guessing it's called because it's an alligator hang out spot. There was a fence next to the highway designed to keep them off the road. I kept my eyes peeled looking for alligators and I think it may have been successful. As we rode over a bridge, I looked off to my right side into the water and I think I saw a gator nose eyes! I've seen one in Florida before (a few years ago at the pond in front of our hotel), but it's still exciting.

We were riding through more forested areas for the majority of the morning. We stopped for gas around 11:30 and there happened to be an amazing lunch spot...Hooters! Since we skipped breakfast, we decided to have an early lunch.

After that, we had a great time with only a few sprinkles to dampen our day. Lucky for us because every time I looked to the sky, it looked like we were heading for a terrible storm. We kept on looking at storm tracker on dad's phone to see if we needed to put on our rain gear. It was so warm that when we did get sprinkled on, it was a small reprieve from the heat. We are staying in a hotel for a few days as weventure around Florida. Tomorrow we go to key west for lunch in Margaritaville. Should be fun!

Much love, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment