Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 7

Day 7; Moab to wherever we end up stopping tonight

Last night was beautiful! Not too hot or too cold for sleeping, and I slept all through the night! We got up at 615, had the breakfast of Champions (snack bars and jerky), and the went into arches national park to see the delicate arch. I did not know this,  but it's a mile and a half hike (felt like way more) to see the arch.  Now,  motorcycles don't allow you to bring your whole wardrobe, so I left my hiking shoes at home... Motorcycle boots suck for hiking! It was worth seeing,  even if it did hurt my feet.

The arch is beautiful and while we were resting at the arch,  a couple of girls did back bends (they look like an arch) underneath the arch.  Very clever! I climbed as high as I could and took a "panoramic video" if you will, of the 360 degree view of awesomeness! (It will be on Facebook as soon as I figure out how to put it there)

As I'm sure you all know, today is father's day. Given limited space on a mtorcycle, I thought it would be silly to give my dad a gift that he would have to carry with him for the rest of our trip. This is the reason why we stopped at a Dairy Queen and got blizzards. It was a nice reprieve Ron the heat, gave my mtorcycle some time to cool down, and served as a good time to hang out with dad and talk to mom.

We decided to change or route slightly to make up for time lost looking at monuments,  so we rode some interstate today to get to a KOA in Grants New Mexico.  I love KOA's because they have showers and wifi which allow me to smell nice and write to all of you.

We met a nice girl named Vivian here at the KOA who came down here from Toronto Canada for a road trip. She is a little bit new to camping (has never camped before), so my dad and I are helping her figure out how to use her camping stove to make chef boyardee Lasagna. Now we are relaxing, trading stories, and giving some advice for future camping experiences.

Much love, GK

3 comments:

  1. Found your story on FB. Really enjoy your posts regarding your father/son trip, especially since I am a fellow biker whom would love to travel the Bryce Canyon/Moab/Zion Nat'l Park area as one of my bucket list items. Would love to see some pics/video. Keep it coming and keep the rubber side down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot of photos of our trip up on fb, but we have a ton more on cameras that will be downloaded and added at the end of our trip. Zion and Bryce are both beautiful! I've been to both of them twice (once on a bike) and they are definately worth the trip. In Bryce go to inspiration point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of photos of our trip up on fb, but we have a ton more on cameras that will be downloaded and added at the end of our trip. Zion and Bryce are both beautiful! I've been to both of them twice (once on a bike) and they are definately worth the trip. In Bryce go to inspiration point.

    ReplyDelete