Monday, June 22, 2015

Day 8

Day 8; Grants NM to Altus OK

Oh boy, where do I begin? First of all,  thank you to all of you who are following our trip.  It has been,  and will continue to be,  a great vacation! It meant a lot to my father and I when my mother told us how many of you asked how we are doing. I can't even describe how great it feels knowing you care for us and our safety. I miss my friends and family that I don't get to see for two months, but the messages through Facebook help:)

On a sidenote, I usually sign off using my initials (GK); however, that is going to change. My mother texts me to ask how we are, and share how she is throughout the day, but doesn't use my name... Instead she calls me her little biker; despite the fact that I am the biggest person in my immediate family other than my dad. From now on, I am going to be LB. Love you mom!

I had trouble getting out of bed this morning.  (It took 3 alarms and my dad to get me moving) We did our normal morning routine (break down camp and load up the motorcycles) and then partook in a complimentary continental breakfast (fruit loops and nonpowdered milk!).

After that, we headed out to interstate 40 to go through the rest of New Mexico, the top portion of Texas, and ultimately into Oklahoma. We had another warm day (over 100 degrees) and rode the farthest either of us have ever ridden in one day (545 miles). That's pretty much 200 more miles than what we should be doing in one day, but that brings us up to 8 states in 8 days. (Only 40 states left to go!)

Keep in mind that we are losing time as we move east due to time differences across the country. Almost every night we get into our campsite when it is dark outside or during the sunset; tonight was no different. The place we wanted to stop had no campgrounds or motels, so we kept on going. Still didn't find a campground (didn't look very hard), but I'm sure we earned a real bed to sleep on tonight.

This will help us rest up for tomorrow's trip!!!!!!! (Kind of excited) There is a show called fast and loud where a few people buy old cars,  fix them up a little bit,  and resell them. Then they decided to make a bar and grill.  Guess where we are going!!! Plus,  doing a ton of miles today allows us to... wait for it... SLEEP IN!!! We will stop by Keller Texas on our way there too (very cool).

PS. For those of you following us on Facebook,  look for my dad photo bombing my selfies at state signs. (He's in there somewhere) Also,  my uncle Stanley is gently resting in a few more states:)

Time for me to get some beauty rest (I need it)

Much love, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment