Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 1

Day one, novato to clovis; 305 miles; 6 hours.

We got a later start than we had originally anticipated. Mom had some technical difficulties trying to use her phone to take photos of us when we were leaving the house, but accomplished the goal in a shorter fashion than usual... Due to work, but I'm still proud of her swiftness with a camera. We headed through San Francisco and down to Hollister where we stopped at a Honda dealer to buy some parts for maintenance on our trip. I happened to find a beautiful motorcycle with more power than I will ever need (unless the cops are after me) for a great deal! I might have to go back after this trip.

We found a high class restaurant for lunch. It was very unique! A&W drive-in! No indoor seating, but when does one need to be inside in a place such as Hollister where a cold day is 75 degrees. We ordered some burgers and moved on down highway 25 to 198 toward Coalinga where we met up with my cousin Dennis for some cold drinks at Perko's. Dennis lead us from there to Clovis where we picked up some more parts and pieces, along with pizza for dinner from "me and ed's pizza and pastaria". Funny because me and Ed are the ones on this trip.

We now have all the parts needed to do some work on the motorcycles, but they are too hot to work on tonight. Unfortunately that means we must wake up earlier than I'd like in order to do some work before leaving for victorville tomorrow morning.

Goodnight, and I'll talk to you tomorrow
GK

No comments:

Post a Comment