Friday, June 19, 2015

Day 4

Day 4; Lake Havasu City to Las Vegas; 162 miles; 2 hours 52 minutes

Our shortest day yet felt like one of the longest. Bob and Monika took us out to the lake and up the river on their pontoon boat. We cruised up and down the river for a couple hours, saw some Indian petroglyphs on one of the canyon walls, and had sandwiches out on the boat.

Monika and Bob like to keep the river clean, so along the way they tried to scoop trash out of the river with a net that didn't do a great job. It had a hole in it. After that my father and I decided that we would go for a dip every once in a while when we saw some garbage. We would spot the trash, Bob stopped the boat, and we would jump in to get the trash. (Helpful and refreshing)

After the lake, everyone went back to the house around 11 because Ed and I had an interview for a father's day article for the Marin IJ. The interview lasted an hour and a half, and made me really think about why we are taking this trip aside from just having fun.

The last few years, I have been away from family while attending San Jose State University. Because of this, I grew further away from my family and a lot of people that I care about. Now that I have moved back home (for the time being) I have started mending those relationships, and this trip is a great way to spend time with my dad.

Following the interview, I took a nap! (You all know how I love my naps) we were taking our time leaving because we didn't want to ride in extreme heat anymore. We ended up leaving Lake Havasu City around 5pm and rode 3 hours to Lake Mead. 3 states down, 45 to go.

We went to Las Vegas after setting up camp and.... well you all know the saying; what happens in Vegas....

No comments:

Post a Comment