Monday, July 6, 2015

Day 22

Day 22; DC MD to Edison NJ

My dad's roommate made us pancakes and bacon with banana bread, and it was good! Then we packed up and headed out so he could go to work. We had the best day of riding since we started the trip with respect to weather. It sprinkled a bit, but at least it was cool and we didn't get terribly drenched.

We worked or way into Philadelphia Pennsylvania where I got a new tire and oil change for my motorcycle. While we were waiting for the work to be done, we had to find the best Philly cheese steak in Philadelphia. One of the guys at the shop recommended pats, but my dad heard Geno's was the best. Turns out they are across the street from one another and are the two best places to get cheese steaks.

My dad and I split one from each place to determine which is actually the best. (Drum roll please) Pat's is the original cheese steak created in 1930; however, Geno's hot sauce (which is very hot) brought there sandwich up a level. Both places had fantastic tasting bread rolls, and provolone. The steak at Pat's was thicker and treated good, but Geno's steak was more tender. The best in Philly (according to my dad and I) is Geno's. Fortunately for me, I still think my hometown cheese steak is the best. (I'm probably biased)

After lunch, we went to go see the liberty bell, Betsy Ross's house (woman who sewed the first American flag), Benjamin Franklin's gave, Efereths street (the oldest inhabited street in America), and independence hall. All of these places were pretty cool. I think it is a little bit unnecessary for there to be so much security in that area though. We had to go through security to get to the liberty bell, but it wasn't good enough to keep weapons out. Not to mention that a weapon inside that building would cause any more damage outside of it...

Then we went back to the dealership to pick up my bike and head north toward New York. We made it all the way to Edison New Jersey. Tomorrow is going to be full of new experiences, and I need my energy. Bye for now.

Much love, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment