Saturday, July 25, 2015

Day 41

Day 41; hanging out with the cousin

What an eventful day! I didn't know we could pack this much awesomeness into one day! It started out with a nice breakfast (eggs, bacon, potatoes), and getting on the motorcycles. We had a third rider today because Gary (my dad's cousin)rides a Harley. We went about 30 miles before finding president Lincoln's birthplace here in Kentucky. There was a visitor center that played a short film about his family and reasons for movingaround so much. It also touched on his interest for writing words, that he learned in his limited schooling, in the dirt. He only had 2 years of formal school. That combined with his humble beginnings (lived in a cabin much like the way Lincoln logs work) went to show that the American dream could be accomplished.

From there, we headed out to go see the corvette museum. My dad used to have a corvette until it caught fire about ten years ago. After today, we may need to get another :) is a really good thing I'm not a cleptomaniac because there are so many corvettes that I want to have. They too had a short video to watch before going through the museum, and they had corvettes from each era on display. One cool thing they had, let people pick up half of the corvette chassis to see how light it is (extremely light weight!). They also had fun facts about each car on display which is cool. Then we had to rush home for my favorite part of the day (yes better than looking at corvettes).

We got back and I had high hopes for riding a horse (Gary and his wife Terri have three). Horses weren't the first priority, so I got to do chores. Used the chain saw to cut down a few low hanging tree limbs and cut them into small pieces. Then we got to the horses.

I started out learning how to groom them (brushing them and picking their hooves), and then saddled up Fancy (the horse I got to ride). We did some ground work so I could get the full experience and then I basically got free reign of the yard to run around in. I'm just going to say, horses are awesome!

I suppose that's all for today. Bye now,  LB

No comments:

Post a Comment