Sunday, July 19, 2015

Day 34

Day 34; stayed in Indiana again

I have to say that it's been nice staying with family the last couple of days. Today was pretty low key. We had some amazing pancakes and sausage for breakfast (dad had blueberry pancakes), and then relaxed for the morning. Actually I basically slept through morning, so we relaxed more in the afternoon.

It was a hot day again, and it was very humid. Even the beach was hot. We went to Lake Michigan for a dip, but only went in half way because the water temperature was a little cooler than refreshing (refreshing is code for really cold). As we got out in the lake, there was a thunderstormon the other side of it. Lightening bolts lit up the sky time and time again. Soon there after, we noticed a dark cloud coming our way. That's when we got out of the water, dried off, and then got dumped on (making drying off completely unnecessary). We were drenched when we got back to the car and the storm only got worse as we drove home.

The trunk of the car didn't close all the way, so I got out and closed it. (I didn't think I could get any more wet). Flashes of lightening and clashes of Thunder were going off constantly as we drove, and it started to hail. Luckily it was only reading cats, dogs, and tree branches when it was time to run to the house (no hail). Once again I was mistaken in thinking I couldn't get any wetter. The storm was so bad, there were huge branches in the yard that had fallen from trees!

A while after the storm passed I went with my cousin to get a bottle of wine on a bicycle (I hadn't ridden a bicycle for a while). And later on we went to the bar and played pool for a few hours (undefeated!). That's it for today.

Bye now, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment