Sunday, July 19, 2015

Day 35

Day 35; Chesterton Indiana to Traverse Michigan

I wish I had more time to spend with my cousin, but we have a schedule to keep. Well we actually make it up as we go along, but we do need to get to Missouri in time to pick up my mother. We chose to see all 5 Great Lakes which adds a few miles to our trip, but it will be cool to do (we have already seen 3). Back to today.

My aunt made breakfast burritos for us this morning, and gave us some leftover bratwursts to take. When we left, it was mid 70's with 93% humidity! Luckily the humidity dropped significantly throughout the day, but the temperature kept rising. Overall it was a beautiful ride along the eastern side of Lake Michigan.

In case you're interested, there is an application for phones that tells you where food places that have been on television are. My dad used it to find a pizza place for lunch but it is closed on Sundays. Then he found another spot, but it had closed by the time we got there. Since the original idea was to get pizza, we found a different pizza place that turned out really tasty!

We are just south of where Michigan and Heron meet at a KOA. We got in earlier than usual, so I laid down on my motorcycle while my dad took a shower. Slowly but surely we set up camp and started cooking dinner. Tonight was a special one because we used the leftover bratwursts to bring our spaghetti to the next level! It was good, but I couldn't finish it. Our normal spaghetti is enough to stud the two of us... throw in 4 brauts and it's a feast! We played a few rounds of cribbage during dinner, then cleaned up and headed off to bed (avoiding mosquitos). My tent is my safe haven from getting bit.

Now it's late, so bye for now. LB

No comments:

Post a Comment