Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Day 37

Day 37; East Marquette Michigan to DeForest Wisconsin

We got up and packed things up when my dad went to the restroom. As I was about to put on my chaps, my dad hollered my name and told m me to come over.  The campground host opened up the theater (built by hand), and let us check it out. It had a projector screen at least twice my height, surround sound, a furnace, and a bar with beer on tap. The place we stayed last night is incredible and I wish we could have stayed a while longer, but it was time to move on.

We headed out on highway 41 all the way to Wisconsin where we stopped for lunch. Right next to a river was a park with covered picnic benches, and a Marine memorial. My dad tried to post photos on Facebook after lunch, so naturally I took advantage of the situation by laying down on the bench. His upload was taking a while which gave me ample time for a cat nap. (You better believe I took advantage of that)

We found a few interesting things on our ride today. One of which was a statue of a cow flashing her utters to everyone passing on the highway! Too funny not to take photos. There was also hotdog and Bigfoot statues. Someone pull out of the driveway as we were taking photos, and they smiled and waved to us (like it was a normal thing to do). Anyway, we had a nice day of riding. I was actually a little bit worried about not having enough stuff to put on this post, but the cow and other incidents showed promise.

Later in the afternoon, we noticed some airplanes flying in formation right over our heads as we rode! 3 sets of four planes, all in formation, flew over us and out to our right side. They came back and flew over our heads a second time! We were trying to take photos, but it didn't work well for me. That gave me enough excitement to keep me going through the rest of the ride. Our day got even better when we got to camp.

I think we may have found the friendliest KOA that exists because 6 people came by to talk to us (not including the staff). 3 of them are from Los Angeles, CA! Now let's talk about the staff. Basically they are kind of old and frail. That's why they asked me to help them lift something. I didn't know what it was, but I accepted and got my dad to help. We had to lift an air conditioning unit up and put it in its place, and we got a six pack of beer as payment! Mmm :) We got the locally brewed one called spotted cow, and it was pretty good.

Some of you may be wondering how we could keep beer cold with very little space in our cooler. Well, we couldn't. We drank them while playing a few rounds of cribbage before going into the pool (I'm going to sleep well tonight). Then we went through the nightly routine and now am ready for bed.

Bye now,  LB

No comments:

Post a Comment