Monday, July 27, 2015

Day 42

Day 42; Ekron Kentucky to the Ozarks

We got up, packed or stuff, and had our last meal with Gary and Terri. Then we had to get some photos before hitting the open road. We were hoping for another day without rain, but mother nature had another plan.

As we rode west on highway 60, the clouds started looking pretty scary. It was time to fill up the bikes anyway, so we got off t the highway in Princeton, filled up and found shelter. By shelter I mean we found a combination kfc/a&w that we stopped at for lunch. We covered up the motorcycles and headed on inside.

KFC was having an all you can eat buffet (their mistake). We had some time to kill as we waited out the storm, so we both ate our fill to the point that we skipped dinner (four pieces of chicken and sides plus dessert).

When the bulk of the storm passed, we hit the road again. We got rained on a little bit as we rode, and again when we got to our campsite in the Ozark National Park. Setting up a tent in the rain usually sucks, but it was so hot I didn't care. I set up my stuff and then walked around in the rain for a few minutes before going to sleep. It was a really early night, but not add restful as I had hoped due to the heat and humidity. I slept without my bag or pad. I woke up multiple times sweating because of the heat.

Bye now, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment