Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day 45

Day 45; still hanging out with family

Today was pretty low key again. Had some sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast. It's a typical breakfast here in Missouri and it is good! I'll have to learn how to make it one day. Then we hung around the house as a ton of family kept joining us. The plan was to go out for lunch at 3.

Eventually everyone showed up and we headed just south of Springfield to a place called Lambert's cafe. It's the home of the throwed roll. Weird thing to claim, I know, but they literally throw rolls across the restaurant to whoever wants them! Don't worry if you have terrible dexterity... you drop the roll, they throw another!  It's kind of funny to see the staff kicking the rolls around to get them out of the walkways.

We got situated, ordered our food and let the fun begin! As we were eating, the staff walls around with sides and give you whatever they have to offer. I do have to warn you, only go there if you are really hungry. We went the for lunch. It is now midnight, and I still can't eat anything.

After lunch, we drove to where my aunt had previously lived. It was destroyed in a tornado not too long ago, and the rebuild was aired on television. They built 7 homes in 7 days, and gave them away. Now she loves a few blocks down the street.

We had a few more visitors when we got back to the house, and had a relaxing evening. My parents and I will be splitting up for a day (tomorrow), so I can go out with a friend of mine while they visit with family for another day.

Bye now, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment