Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 32

Day 32; Kingsville Ohio to Chesterton Indiana

 We were tired from the ride the day before, so we chose to sleep in a bit. It was almost ten by the time we left the campground. Most of our day was spent on the bikes and on the interstate because we had over 300 miles to get to my cousins house in Indiana.

I figured out that my speedometer doesn't really show my speed when I'm going fast. My speedometer showed that I was going 85 mph. My dad's only said 75. It also  goes faster than the speedometer shows! It was along day,  but a fast one:)

We rode along Lake Erie and found a nice park to have lunch. It was right on the lake! The lake is one of the smaller Great Lakes, yet you can barely see the land on the other side. We sat on the rocks at the water's edge and had our sandwiches. Then we hopped back on the bikes and continued riding hoping we would avoid any bad weather.

When we looked on storm tracker, we saw a pretty nasty storm coming from where we were headed. The weather stays to look gloomy, so we stopped at a service plaza for dinner. I didn't rain (and we had a place to be), so my dad put on rain gear and we kept on riding. I think mother nature noticed that he was prepared, so she didn't bother raining on us for the rest of the day. We barely beat the storm to my cousin's house (Lightening started as we were getting situated in the house). After chatting for a while, we all went out to a bar and played pool for a couple hours before going to sleep (more like passing out). It was a long day.

Bye now, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment