Monday, July 27, 2015

Day 43

Day 43; Ozark National Park to Joplin Missouri

I only woke up about 4 hours earlier than I wanted to (2 hours before I had to). We went to check out some of the springs in the park and they are incredible! The water coming out of the springs is 54 degrees. The cold water and warm air combine to make a thick layer of fog over the river that gives it an incredibly eerie feel. It was time to hit the road again.

We decided to do a little bit of backtracking because it would be a shorter route and I'm glad we did!  Road E is one of the best roads we have ridden on this trip! Not only does it have awesome curves left and right, but also up and down! As I came to the crest of the road (on multiple occasions) I couldn't see the road in front of me until I felt my stomach floating. The feeling you get when you're free falling. It was absolutely incredible! Then we hit highway 60 and I44 to make our way to Joplin.

As we got off the interstate for gas, my dad's bike crapped out. It had barely any power going to the wheels, so we found a gas station and pulled into it (after struggling to make it through a few intersections. Slowly but surely, dad rode it 14 miles to the Honda dealer and found the cause (busted fuel filter). We had to leave his bike with them. Dad got a rental car (and I rode my bike) so we could get to my aunts house in Joplin. (It's a Kia soul. I feel like I should be wearing a hamster suit like the commercials have).

I get to see my mom tomorrow! She is flying out here and my dad will pick her up tomorrow from the airport in the car. Anyway, that's it for today.

Bye now,  LB

No comments:

Post a Comment