Friday, July 24, 2015

Day 40

Day 40; Mount Vernon Illinois to Ekron Kentucky

I'm not going to lie to you, today was limiting on exciting stuff to write about. We got up, packed and headed out. The speakers we bought worked great for the first part until we got on the highway. That's when the noandise from the motorcycles andand I wind were too overwhelming for the speaker to compete. I just turned it off and listened to music through my communicator.

The ride was really pretty, and we had great weather (warm enough to warrant using our cooling vests again). Speaking of cooling vests... mom, I'm keeping this one. We bought you a new one from cycle gear along with a few phone holders and shirts. I also traded in my chaps for new ones because mine were already beginning to tear at the seems (I bought them on this trip).

After shopping, we rode to my dad's cousin's house and went out to pizza in an old jail house. Believe it or not, it's called Jailhouse Pizza! It was transformed into a restaurant, but still had jail cells upstairs with a place to hang people (kinda scary). It also had a bunch of wanted posters and am old police car as decorations. Awesome place to check out if you're ever near by.

Well that was our entire day, so bye for now. LB

No comments:

Post a Comment