Friday, July 31, 2015

Day 46

Day 46; Joplin Missouri to Lee's Summit Missouri

Hello again! Today was another fantastic day. I got up and had a huge breakfast (eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls, toast, and a glass of milk) below family members started coming over. I was packing up my stuff as people kept on strolling in.

I met tons of family members and friends I had only ever heard of, and we had a delicious potluck before I headed out on my own for the day. My parents stayed in Joplin to visit with family a little longer while I rode toward Kansas City to see an old college friend of mine.

The original plan was to go dancing... That didn't end up happening, but we still had a good time talking about the past and future. We struggled to find parking, but ended up getting it for free.  Then we walked around a bit to check things out. Ultimately, we went to the Yard House because she had never been and they have over 100 beers on tap! She told me I had to try one from a Kansas City brewing company so I did, and it was pretty tasty.

As we walked around the Power and Light district, I saw a pool table in the window of a bar/pizzeria. Naturally, I wanted to play. Camille held her own throughout the game. She suggested we get frozen custard, so we did that too! It's amazing! By that time, it was getting pretty late and past both of our bed times. (Now it's really far past my bed time).

Bye now, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment