Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 31

Day 31; Hamilton Ontario to Kingsville Ohio

There are some really cool things in Canada, eh! I also learned a few things during my short stint in that country. Canada uses kilometers to measure distance as well as speed, and I noticed something cool about the road signs. You know the yellow signs that say how fast you should take turns? I happened to notice one in particular that said 50 kmph. I was going 50 mph (almost twice as fast) and it was the perfect speed to safely make the turn while maintaining a sense of fun and speed through it. Posted kmph means it's fun at the same number put into mph. I also noticed that speed limits in Canada are ridiculously slow (I could hardly feel the wind in some places). Anyway back to cool stuff.

Heard of Niagara Falls? Incredible! Not gonna lie, the Canadians have a better view of the falls (They also have pretty good sushi in their visitors center). The falls are massive! More water used to flow through, but now is controlled to avoid erosion. Nevertheless, there are millions of gallons that fall every minute. You can't even see all of the falls due to mist produced from the fall itself. It's basically raining.

Then we crossed back in to America via the rainbow bridge and down to Buffalo New York. Being in Buffalo, we found a Buffalo Wild Wings to see if they were any better here than on the west coast. You would think Buffalo would have the best Buffalo wings, but they were the exact same. (I realize it's a chain restaurant). After that, we rode along Lake Erie to Kingsville where we are staying for the night. The mosquitos are pretty brutal, so I'm hiding in my tent :)

That's pretty much it for today. Most of it was spent taking photos... if you want to see them, you can look on my Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/gregg.keller.545?_rdr

Bye now, LB

No comments:

Post a Comment